Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday 15th October 2007

Applications: 42 Rejections: 1 Replies: 9 (8 if you count human)


I was really excited this morning. Until this point, the whole enterprise has been rather anonymous. Sending the initial e-mail, receiving a response, I could hide behind the computer. Today was going to be my first human vocal interaction! I had to call Lesley-Anne from tenuk, as she wanted to discuss my application further.

I was actually quite nervous about the whole affair. Admittedly, I did not actually want their job, but I got the same feelings of nervousness when you are applying for a job normally. I was going to do it at lunch time. It would have helped if I had remembered to bring the telephone number into work with me. So after driving home to get the number from the answer machine at lunch time, I psyched myself up to take the plunge.

Breathe in for five, and out for seven...

Voicemail.

Apparently Lesley is in the office, but she has lots of projects on today, so she will return my call when she is available.

I did not hear back from her today, but look forward to discussing my application with her tomorrow.

Anyway, The Manchester Jobs:

Dear Kirsty

Can I sell Manchester?

Yes I can!!!

Please find attached my CV for your perusal.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter


This is becoming a habit now, and I think that it may be costing me job interviews.

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!!!

They are looking for people who work in:

RIGGING
AUTOMATION
STAGE CARPENTRY
ELECTRICS

In Macau in Asia! How fantastic? They offer a full 18 days paid time off a year, and the interviews are taking place in New York and London (I hope they pay the travel expenses though).

Dear Madam/sir

I read with a considerable amount of interest that you are looking for rigging, automation, stage carpentry, and electrics for your Venetian resort in Macau.

I can not pretend to have any experience in these areas, but I would like to apply for the positions anyway. After all, Carpenter by name, carpenter by nature!!!

Please find attached my CV for your perusal.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

Anyway, the chain smoking spider is back tonight. Note to self: I will need to check the pink recycling bags to see if the council will accept tiny empty spider medicine bottles, and their packaging; she must be storing them down the back of the picture rail somewhere.

No comments: