Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Monday 22nd October 2007

Applications: 55 Rejections: 3 Replies: 15 (14 if you count human) + Bonus Job! Withdrawn applications: 1


I called tenuk again today at lunch time. Guess what?

Voicemail.

We are back where we were on the 15th October.



However I was heartened to receive the following e-mail:

Dear Ian

Thank you for your e-mail. Our selection process looks into the competencies identified by the job description. Unfortunately in this instance you did not satisfy the level of experience in this field required for the job role and therefore we cannot reconsider your application.

Kind Regards

Danni Thomas
Human Resources Administrator
UK Sport


So they are not prepared to reconsider, never mind.

So all in all, no news from anyone today. I was looking forward to hearing from the female writer in Notting Hill. Perhaps my three legged donkey, wonkey joke is not really that funny.

The chain smoking spider has a suitor. For a couple of days, there has been another spider in the corner of the room. I'm not sure if they are spider lovers, but the new suitor-spider has been hanging around the cigarette loving arachnid for two days. I don't know a lot about spider mating rituals, but he has been around two feet either side for the last couple of nights. Maybe I am learning something about nature and overcoming my fear of spiders.

Maybe I should be learning to dust away the spiders' cobwebs?

Anyway, on with the jobs...

The Financial Times are looking for a Marketing Executive.

'To apply send your CV to jobs@FT.com quoting reference MexecIF'

What? No covering letter or anything?

Dear Madam/Sir

I quote MexecIF.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

They also have positions for SUB-EDITORS. This must be important, as the job title is all in capitals.

Dear Charlotte

I read with the utmost interest your advertisement for SUB EDITOR in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

Why is the job title in capital letters?

I would like to apply, and have attached my CV.

Kind regards


IAN CARPENTER

The CAPITAL LETTER DISEASE is contagious on this page:

'Candidates Must be Efficient, Loyal, Honest, and Dedicated.'

According to complementry art gallery.

Dear Madam/Sir

I am writing regarding your advertisement in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I am Efficient, Loyal, Honest, and Dedicated.

I have attached my CV, and I look forward to your earliest response.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

SKIrecruit, see above. Although, I am going to the mountains this weekend. I am not sure that it is a great idea. I am not good with heights. I am a bit concerned about viaduc Egratz. That looks like a very high bridge to me. Still, perhaps tomorrow I can send an e-mail to Patrick Meiier (Whisky cat picture) to see if he would like top join us for a beer.

No comments: