Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday 25th October 2007

Applications: 55 Rejections: 3 Replies: 16 (14 if you count human) + Bonus Job! Withdrawn applications: 1


COMPLEMENTRY ART GALLERY
121 LEDYARD AVE.BU& FFALO,
NY,14043
NEW YORK.Phone
#: 773-878-4770

Hello Ian Carpenter,

Am Ryan Gray from COMPLEMENTRY ART GALLERIES . We are glad to offer you a job position with our company. We need someone to work for the company as a Account Manager,Representative/Book keeper in England . This is in view of our not having a major office presently in the England .You don't need to have an Office and this certainly won't disturb any form of work you have going at the moment. We source the following variety of clothing materials:-batiks, assorted fabrics for interior decor, silk and traditional costumes which we have clients we supply weekly in the England .Presently with the amount of Orders we have, we cannot put them on hold for fear of loosing the customers outrightly. It's a known fact,that it's not easy to start a business in a new market (being the England ). There are hundreds of competitors, close direct contacts between suppliers and customers and other difficulties,which impede our sales promotion.We have decided to deliver the products upfront, it's very risky but it would push up sales by 25 percent. Unfortunately we are unable to open Bank Accounts in England without first registering the company name. Secondly we cannot cash these payments from the England soon enough, as international Cheques take about 15-20 working days for cash to be made available.We lose about 75,000 USD of net income each month because we have money transfer delays.Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process.You are not involved in any sales or marketing.Once orders are received and sorted we deliver the product to a customer.The customer receives and checks the products. After this has been done the customer has to pay for the products.About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through Certified Cheque so We decided to open this new job position for solving this problem.Your tasks are: 1. Receive payment from Customers.2. Cash Payments at your Bank (Upon my instruction).3. Deduct 300 pounds which will be your commission/pay on each Payment processed.4. Forward balance after deduction of commission/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to.(Payment is to forwarded either by MoneyGram or Western Union Money Transfer Preferably). But the problem we have is trust, But we have our way of getting anyone that gets away with our money, I mean the IRS and Secret Service branch in Washington gets involve.Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed at your bank or other Cashing Services.Deduct your commission and forward the balance to the company . If you are interested, N: B, Please send to me the listed information below: #Your full name:#Your full home address,#Your age as well your marital status and your gender #direct contact telephone number:#Nationality. Thanks for your anticipated action and we hope to hear back from you. Ryan GrayCOMPLEMENTRY ART GALLERIES.


Oh pants.

I reckon this may be a scam, and I have sent them my CV. This contains my name, address, telephone number, date of birth. I spend several hours every week shredding the pointless letters I receive, so as not to be scammed. Here I am, I have e-mailed these people my personal details.

Well done me.

I can now look forward to a life of constantly checking credit reference agencies to see if I have funded some drug trafficking/money laundering operation. Perhaps I should send the details to LoTSA?

I am certainly going to e-mail the Guardian. Do they not vet their adverts? I thought the female writer in Notting Hill was weird, but this one is beyond reproach.

Dear Madam/Sir

I recently applied for a job in the guardian dated 29/09/07.

It was on page 9, towards the bottom of the paper. I have attached a picture of the job advertisement.

As you can see, it appears to be some sort of money laundering scheme. I am slightly concerned about this. I thought that the Guardian was a reputable newspaper and would not have anything to do with such schemes.

Could you please reassure me that if I apply for any jobs in the future, it will not be for anything illegal?

Could you please respond by return of e-mail?

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter


I decided today to leave another message on the voicemail of tenuk. This thing can surely not go on for ever?

Anyway, when I got home I received another e-mail from them:

Hi Ian

As you can imagine we have been very busy managing applications for posts advertised and it has therefore proved difficult to speak when you have called in of late.

If you would please confirm which role you are applying for?

Many thanks in advance

Hannah



Fantastic!

Dear Hannah

Thank you for your e-mail

We always seem to miss each other.

I would like to apply for all three positions advertised in the Guardian dated 29/09/07. The positions advertised were:

Operations Director
Marketing Operations Manager
Analytics Manager

Lesley-Anne called on the 23rd October 2007 inviting me to a telephone interview. I am not sure which position I had been short-listed for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile number.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

From the Guardian:

Thank you for your letter to the Guardian. Unless you have indicated otherwise, it will be considered for publication - as long as you have included the following details:

(1) A full name and full postal address (including street, town and county);
(2) A daytime contact telephone number.

It is also helpful to include a reference (headline, section, publication
date) to the article to which your letter refers. Letters are usually published with only a village, town or city as the address (or an organisation where relevant). The other contact details are for verification only. If your email did not include them, please resend the full text of your letter with these details to letters@guardian.co.uk.

Do NOT reply to this automatically generated email as the account from which it is sent cannot accept incoming email.

Whether or not we publish your letter, it will be read and forwarded, where appropriate, to the relevant journalist or section editor. Please note that letters may be edited.

Regards
Letters editor
The Guardian



Let us see what will happen.

No comments: