Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday 19th November 2007

Thurs 15 Nov
Floodlit game Leamington Spa to Basildon
Nobby 9 v 8 Stobby

Didn't play the trip to Leamington thankfully, too many Frenchies about.
Was heading for a disaster game as the M40 left Stobby trailing 5 - 1!! Zut Alors! On the M25 I saw a lorry emblazoned Carpenters. Just thought you might like to know.
Unusually saw 2 Tate and Lyle tankers - but they could not be counted. You have to have rules. Without rules where would we be? France.
M25 was kind - in terms of the game, not the damn traffic. After thinking the thrashing on the M40 was irreversable the score was hauled back to 6 all! Just after the A10 our hearts were broken by the sight of a Nobby 7 - 6. Bugger.
A Nobby tanker rubbed salt in the wound at the A12 before another Stobby restored hope 8 - 7.
Unbelievably a Nobby was ambling along in the queue for the A127 9 - 7.
Despite a late Stobby just by the turn off it ended 9 - 8. Merde.

Good game.

Al Murray, the pub landlord, would be happy with the anti-French stuff. Yes it is a parody ladies and gentlemen.

Anyway, I had loads of emails today.

Dear Ian

Thank you for your recent application via Marketing Jobboard. Unfortunately your skills and experience do not match what we are looking for at this time.

However, we will keep your details on file and if your skills and experience match a specific role, we will be the first to contact you! If you wish to be removed from our records, please email us at
info@brandrecruitment.co.uk .

We wish you all the best in your future career.

All best,

Jayde
___________________________________

I think it was the comment about my bad back, and not wanting to dig in.

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your CV and covering letter. We have no immediate positions, however, we will keep your details on file for 6 months and we will be in contact should a suitable opportunity arise. If you do not wish us to keep your details on file please notify us by return.

Best Wishes
Caroline Garside
HR Administrator

What? You were the ones that advertised in The Guardian, I know you have positions.

Dear Caroline

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised, as I was applying for positions that you have advertised.

However, I am pleased that you are keeping my details on file, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter

And from Frankfurt:

Dear Mr. Carpenter,

sorry, I was out for a couple of days. I'm still in the process of collecting all incoming applications.

I will get back to you if I need more information about your application.

Best regards,

Klaus Brune

See 13th November, Klaus is not good with capital letters.


Dear Mr Brune

Thank you for your e-mail.

I hope you enjoyed your few days holiday. You must be really busy catching up on e-mails. I am grateful for your response.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can provide more information.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

Anyway, I got into work early this morning. I had a chat with Melissa and Laura, from our accounts department. I brought to their attention my interest in the fine art of origami.

Within ten minutes, I had a crane Mum and Baby on my desk.

I really did not ask them to do it.

But they are fantastic!

No comments: