Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday 26th November 2007

Applications: 85 Rejections: 5 Replies: 26 (25 if you count human) + Bonus Job x 3! Withdrawn applications: 1

Dear Supporter

Thank you for contacting FootballforAll@TheFA.com

This e-mail address is strictly reserved for those wishing to report allegations of abuse or discrimination such as incidents of racism or homophobia. Please note that we are unable to respond to any other type of query sent to this e-mail address.

If you have a football related query or comment you would like to make but do not wish to report an incident of discrimination please contact The FA Customer Relations Unit via the link below who will be happy to help:

http://www.TheFA.com/Feedback

Kind regards,


Customer Relations UnitThe Football Association

So I sent it again:

Thank you for contacting The FA.The FA's Customer Relations team will strive to respond within five working days of receipt. If further information is required, a comprehensive response will be sent within a further ten working days.If you require a more urgent response you can contact the Customer Relations team on 020 7745 4545 between 9.15am and 5.00pm on weekdays.To return to TheFA.com please click hereKind regards,The FA's Customer Relations team

So on with the jobs.

Lafferty wanted loads of people, however interviews were at the end of September. I am only two months behind.

Editorial Portfolio Recruitment, recruitment agency, see above.

Stonewall, the gay rights people, wanted a Senior Communications Officer and Major Donor and Corporate Accounts Manager. Charity sadly, and, apply by date 17/10/07.

SAM Learning APD 12/10/07.

University of Central Lancashire wanted some people. APD 12/10/07.

This is rubbish.

I thought this page looked really exciting. I have had to rely on the bonus FA job to keep me interested today.

IOP 10/10/07.

A blue advert...

'Would you want to write for a traditionally tight-lipped, strait-laced firm of builders?

You might.

Let us know why, including details about your education, experience and skills.'

Dear Carol

I noticed with interest your advertisement for a writer in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I would like to be a writer, except I always find that I get a bit stuck for things to say sometimes. That would probably not help.

Anyway, you asked that I send details about my education, experience, and skills. I have attached my CV for your perusal.

I would just like to say, that the choice of blue for your advert was inspired! All the other adverts on page 17 of the Guardian dated 29/09/07 were monochrome and boring.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter

PS I have also attached a picture of the recent bowls final, which I took from my dining room chair. It is also blue!

No comments: