Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday 15th November 2007

Applications: 73 Rejections: 4 Replies: 21 (20 if you count human) + Bonus Job x 2! Withdrawn applications: 1


Dear Mr Brune

Thank you for your e-mail.

I do have a day off work on Friday 16th November, I could make it to Frankfurt by mid-day. Is this too soon for you to make a decision?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter


I'm out of the office and on vacation. For urgent coverage questions, please contact Hans-Joachim Koch (hans-joachim.koch@dowjones.com) or Michael Matern (michael.matern@dowjones.com). If you need to reach somebody by phone, you can also try the Frankfurt desk at +49 69 29 725 500.

I will be back at my desk at around 0630 GMT Monday, Nov. 19.

Klaus Brune
News Editor, Germany

So the trip to Frankfurt is off for this weekend. Never mind.

Livres Libros Books:

'Fluency in French is essential with Italian highly desirable and a working knowledge of Spanish would be useful.'


Cher, querido, dear Robert

I read with a gargantuan amount of interest your advertisement in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I like books, French and Spanish, so it seems the ideal job for me.

I also lived in Holland for three years.

I have no publishing experience, as yet.

Please find attached my CV, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Je vous prie d’agrĂ©er, mes salutations distinguĂ©es.

Hasta luego.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

END OF PAGE 14!!!!!!

Back to the Liberal Democrats. I have just been watching Nick Clegg and Chris Huhne arguing the same point with each other on Question Time. The Lib Dems missed a trick by not appointing me as their leader.

Them, and the International Institute of Communications; when will they learn?

The picture is of Lenny, sitting on the bus. You may notice the little 'v' in his left ear. This is an old battle wound. We sometimes call him Len-v.

No comments: