Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Wednesday 19th December 2007

We put up our Christmas tree tonight.

Yes, I know it is a little late, but we have been a bit busy recently. We went to the shops after work, as we did not have any Christmas tree lights. I don't think the people in the shops could believe we were still looking for Christmas tree lights. Well, in our house we believe in the six days of Christmas; after all it only takes half as long. Then, we can sit on the bus with Lenny, and buy bread, petrol etc., without being beaten around the ribcage with the aforementioned pointy elbows of the middle classes. Anyway, we were after the plain white tree lights that you can get. However, the only ones left were snooker balls on a string.

We had our work's Christmas Lunch today, very amusing. I had a slight panic attack as we walked into the Toby Carvery. I had never seen so many people on works Christmas lunches; people who were obviously thinking that they would rather be somewhere else.

Christmas, got to love it.

No responses on the job front today, so on we go...

Nature Publishing Group, well by their apply by date.

'No experience?
First Office Job?

You should be a new Graduate with good A Level and GCSE grades to join our busy recruitment office. The work is varied and will include general administrative duties, liaising with candidates and clients as well as answering telephone and email enquiries and you must be able to work on your own initiative.'

You don't need to be a graduate to punctuate properly.

Dear Katy

I read your advert in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I have to admit that your sentences were a bit long and I think that they may have needed some punctuation but I am willing to overlook this as I would like to apply for your position anyway and have attached my curriculum vitae for your perusal if you would not mind reading it at all.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter

FORSTER; too charity based.

The United Reform Church, APDs well gone.

The British Library wanted a project Manager.

No comments: