Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday 28th January 2008

I arrived at work this morning and Josie came over from Solicitors' Enquiry Department.
When I originally bought the hand-knitted Swiss socks for Jean for Christmas, I had this idea of starting my own endeavour. I asked several people around the office whether they had a Granny that was prepared to knit me a pair of gloves. It was all pre-christmas hilarity, and everyone said, of course they would ask their respective Grannies to knit me a pair of gloves.
I have heard nothing since, until this morning.

As I say, Josie from SED (as we like to call it in the office) came over with a package in a waxed, brown paper bag. It was not just a pair of gloves, but three gloves!!!
How truly amazing?

I was actually brought to tears to think that Josie's Mum had been knitting these things for the last two months, because I had found this website about Swiss Grannies knitting socks, had gone into the office and asked people to ask their grannies to knit gloves, and it happened.
In the picture, you can see my feeble effort at trying to knit.
It is not easy.

And yet Josie's Mum (A Granny) has knitted me the most perfect gloves. They even fit me perfectly.

Thank you Josie's Mum.

Foxtons? Hmmm....

The Yorkshire Post are looking for a business editor.

Dear Peter

I have come across your advert in The Guardian dated 29/09/07 for the above position.

I have to admit, that I have never been to Leeds.

I do however feel that I have a link to the City, as I am a big fan of Martin Kelner.

I have attached my CV for your perusal, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter


I feel like I am hitting the wall in a marathon. Come on Christine, help me out here please.

No comments: