Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday 8th October 2007

I have not applied for any jobs over the weekend. I have been hung up over this wasting the time of well meaning charities thing. I was glad to get to work to discuss it with some people. The consensus was that I should continue to apply for every job. I am still not sure. However, I will definitely apply for all the jobs on the first page of the paper. After that, who knows? Should I apply for only private sector jobs?

The other day in Winchmore Hill, I was listening to Hawksbee and Jacobs. They suggested a motorway game of France v England. Norbert Dentressangle v Eddie Stobbart, how many lorries of each can you spot? It is a great game. I was kept amused from junction 26-29 of the M25. (The score was France 2 - England 0)

Anyway, despite my cat Hippy's objections, I need to get on with applying for more jobs.

Handicap International are looking for a Director. (Is handicap pc?)

They are looking to move to London in 2008.

Fantastic I can work in London. I will have:

Proven experience in the uk international development fundraising environment.

Tick. I did raise money for children in need by dressing up as a cowboy.

Proven management skills.

I can manage, thank you.

An ability to work collaboratively in an international environment.

You should have seen me in 1990 in the international drama festival.

A commitment to working with disabled people.

I do.

Excellent command of English and French.

I actually do have an excellent command of French and English.

This is the job I really want. No really. This is why I did the Degree in Eu Social Policy. I can speak French, and I know about social policy stuff. I have to send a CV and a short covering letter to Ann Van Dyck:

Dear Ann

I am writing following your advertisement for Director.

I am extremely passionate about the issues that your institution is dealing with. I studied for a Masters in EU Social policy. We were examining the way that the EU impacts on every member state’s social policy issues.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely


Ian Carpenter

Is that short enough?

The final job on the first page.

Do they think they are challenging me? Only two jobs? I once applied for five in one e-mail, so hang on.

Dear Amanda

You had a couple of jobs advertised in the Guardian recently.

Am I the right person?

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter

Research Manager and Business support manager covered.

I HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE FIRST PAGE!!!!

No comments: