Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Monday 6th November 2007

Applications: 59 Rejections: 4 Replies: 19 (18 if you count human) + Bonus Job x 2! Withdrawn applications: 1


Stop the fireworks please!

The British Medical Association Membership Benefits Marketing Manager (12/10/07)
Marketing Executive.
Age Concern Marketing Adviser (9/10/07).
Corporate Communications Adviser (based in Bristol) [Well they need a bit of help communicating in the South West, I should know] (8/10/07)

Tuffin Ferraby Taylor are: 'looking for an individual to define strategy and manage delivery of all central global marketing activity and communications.'


Dear Madam/sir

I am writing regarding your advertisement in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

Your advertisement asked that I define strategy. Well, according to my Griffin Savers Oxford Dictionary (1984):

‘1. the planning and direction of the whole operation of a campaign or war.

2. a plan policy of this kind or to achieve something, our economic strategy.’

I hope that I have successfully defined strategy, and I do hope that you are not asking people to direct a war.

I have attached my CV for your perusal, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards



Ian Carpenter

British Heart Foundation Senior Press Officer (12/10/07)
Press Officer (Ditto)
Safety complex Manager at safeside at Eastside (12/10/07)
Events Co-ordinator at the Royal Society of Medicine (10/10/07)
Senior Touring Exhibitions Co-ordinator (19/10/07)
Editor and Publications Project Co-ordinator (12/10/07) Both at the V&A.
The Design Museum wanted a Development Manager and Co-ordinator (17 and 12/10/07)

All these jobs that I have missed out on.

Oh, well.

Anyway, news on Lenny's ear: It all seems to have picked up recently, and does not smell of rancid aluminium anymore.

Chain smoking spider still likes the odd fag, but not as often as before. I think the spider benylin had a funny effect on her.

No comments: