Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday 11th November 2007

Applications: 60 Rejections: 4 Replies: 19 (18 if you count human) + Bonus Job x 2! Withdrawn applications: 1

I was listening to the food programme on Radio Four this afternoon. I was trying to kill a bit of time whilst waiting for the highly anticipated indoor bowls final at 3 p.m. They were talking about how the future reduction in EU sugar quotas was going to have a detrimental effect on the economies of the Carribean.

It reminded me of that old joke:

Person A: I am taking my wife to the Carribean.

Person B Jamaica?

Person A: No she wanted to go.

I wondered if it could work for other Carribean islands.

A: I am taking my wife, Ana, to the Carribean

B: Guiana?

A: No, she is a woman.

Hmm, maybe...

If anyone can think of any other Carribean islands it could work for, please do not hesitate to post them on the blog.

The Food standards Agency are looking for a Senior Press Officer. Apparently:

'Food has never been a bigger concern of the British public.'

Let's be honest about this, even since the cavemen, food has been a fairly high concern to the general populace. Anyway, closing date was 12/10/07.

Breakthrough Breast Cancer, see above, wouldn't have applied anyway, even if I would have made the 10/10/07 apply-by date. However, their advert is in a refreshing purple colour, which has broken up my monotone task.

Encams want a marketResearch Manager. Thankfully, this is a charity that deals with food and stuff. I say thankfully, because it means I can't apply for it. The job was based in Wigan, what a commute that would have been.

I can't apply to agencies, as it would be never ending. See the ski job above, over 1,000 jobs on their website, so sorry, Mediacontacts.

The Works:

'Weary of you host? Use our Search Engine.'

Well I have been reading the same jobs paper for about a month and a half, so I am a bity weary of it...

www.the-works.co.uk

Select type: Any

Select Sector: Any

Select level: Any

Select Location: Any

Click...

229 Jobs!!! See above, that would be ridiculous.

No comments: