Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tuesday 4th December 2007

We experienced something Barrynormal tonight.

It was really frightening.

Nicky and I had just sat down to our dinner. We were tucking in when we were both sprayed with ice cold water. Honestly, both of us, ice cold water, on our arms. We looked up to the ceiling to wait for the inevitable crash of plasterboard around our ears. Nothing.

We looked at each other. What was that? Then the lights went out. Just the lights, the television stayed on and everything.

I blame Barry's orbs.

We were petrified, honestly.

Anyway, I received a reply from The Brooklands Group. Now, just to refresh your memory, dear reader, I applied with this covering letter:

Dear Sue

I note with renewed interest your advertisements in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I would like to apply for all three positions advertised. They were:

Circulation and Marketing Manager
PR Manager (magazines, events, corporate)
Sponsorship Manager

Please find attached my CV for your perusal.

I would be grateful if you could clarify one thing. Why do you have to wait six months for the medical and insurance benefits, whereas you get the free chocolate immediately?

I only mention this, because I was in Waitrose over the weekend, and they had a bar of chocolate that was £6.50. £6.50 for a bar of chocolate?!?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

And they reply with:

Dear Ian

Thank you for your email in response to our recruitment advertisement in the Guardian of 29th September.

All three vacancies have now been successfully recruited, so we are unable to process your application.

Thank you for your interest in Brooklands Group, we wish you every success for the future.

Regards,

Sue Thorne
HR Director

No mention of the chocolate? I am not having that.

Dear Sue

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry that all three positions have now been recruited.

I would still like to know why you get free chocolates immediately, but have to wait for the medical and insurance benefits.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

I forgot to take Dagmar Grekcova's number to work this morning, so I will have to call him tomorrow.

university college for the creative arts

(get you with your non-capital letters)

and then:

ARE YOU CREATIVE?

Interviews 22nd October, that was almost two months ago.

Greenwich & Lewisham Young People's theatre are (were) looking for an Administrative Director.

APD 16/10/07.

The Barrynormal thing was real, and frightening.

No comments: