Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday 17th January 2008

There is some fantastic news for spider lovers! The chain smoking spider must have produced an offspring before she popped her spider clogs of spider lung cancer. There is a new diddy spider that comes to the back window. I reckon this may have been as a result of the donation to Cancer Research UK. These people are brilliant, please give generously.

No responses today from job applications. Apart from an answer machine message from Harriet at Foxtons. They want me to contact them regarding my job application. Now forgive me, dear reader, but are these people mad? I really do not want to work for an estate agents, but they want to speak to me about my application. I applied to them on the 7th of January with:

Dear Harriet

I noted your advert in the Guardian dated 29/09/07.

I appreciate that I am a bit late in applying, but I would like to apply anyway.

This is in spite of the fact that I have no Photoshop skills, no knowledge of Quark Express, Illustrator or Acrobat.

I have attached my CV for your perusal and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards


Ian Carpenter

They want me to call them. I'll do it tomorrow, this should be interesting.

Me: Hello, I am returning your message.

Harriet: Yes, you want to be an image retoucher?

Me: Well, not really.

Harriet: Your application mentioned you do not have any of the skills that we require.

Me: Nope, I do not have the skills that you require.

Harriet: Great! When can you start?

The Arch Nemesis is looking for a Medical Workforce Assistant/Medical Recruitment Administrator. Closing date 15th October.

Royal College of Nursing Admin Assistant: Charity.

DINAS A SIR ABERTAWE, wanted an exhibitions assistant, but the application form is no longer on the website.

I have noticed that when you put petrol in nowadays, the Pounds counter goes up quicker than the litres counter.

All very odd.

No comments: