Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesday 6th February 2008

I have just watched England play Switzerland in a firendly, and Fabio Cappello's first game in charge. It was a good game, and England won 2-1.

It reminded me that Martin, one of my contractors at work, had played the opening game of Maersk v Irlam in the Lorry four nations.

Apparently Denmark took an early lead somewhere around 21a on the M25. James Irlam got a late equaliser on the slip road of junction 24. The away leg ended 1-1.

The home leg was a boring nil-nil.

So results as they stand:

Team P W L D F A GD PTS
France 2 2 0 0 18 13 5 6
Denmark 2 0 0 2 1 1 0 2
Scotland 2 0 0 2 1 1 0 2
England 2 0 2 0 13 18 -5 0

(It works better in a table, which you can't make on this blog site)

The full fixtures are as follows:

Match day one:

France 10 England 8 (R)
England 5 France 8 (R)
Denmark 1 Scotland 1 (R)
Scotland 0 Denmark 0 (R)

Match Day two

France v Denmark
Denmark v France
England v Scotland
Scotland v England

Match Day three

France v Scotland
Scotland v France
England v Denmark
Denmark v England

So many games, and so little time.

So on with the jobs...

The Chinese Art Centre were looking for an Administrative Co-ordinator. It was a shame that you had to apply by the 19/10/07, I have now mastered Mahh Jongg.

Deputy Editor Observer Sport Monthly.

'In the first instance please send us a short critique of the magazine and suggestions for how you might approach this job.'

Really.

Really.

I am glad that the apply by date has passed.

Sothebys!

Were looking for a graduate trainee in their 19th Century Continantal Paintings Department.
It was a good job, but the apply by date was 12th October 2007.

It is currently 10.40, and I have just come accross JML, the shopping channel. I need to do some research for this application.

Dear Maria

I felt like I was jumping off the high diving board when I saw your advert in the Guardian dated 29/07/07.

I appreciate that I am late in applying, but I would like to apply for your positions.

I have carried out extensive research on your three channels. Tonight, for example, you were selling the Nicer Dicer on Channel 631, the Easy Stitch on 632 and on Channel 657 you were selling the Dri-Buddi.

I would like to submit a new product for your shopping channel:

The No-Inky-Pinky!

You know when you read a newspaper, your fingers get covered in ink? Well here is the solution, a patented (well not quite yet) set of rubber gloves that protect your hands from ink stain, from reading a paper.

It is at a very early stage in development, and I would welcome your suggestions for improvement. I reckon the retail value would be around £11.97 (but you could but two for £23.75).

I have attached my CV for your perusal, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards



Ian Carpenter

There are only six jobs left to apply for, so I am really in the final, final straight...

No comments: